Ali Jimale AhmedEdit
|Ali Jimale Ahmed|
علي جيمال أحمد
|Born||Cali Jimaale Axmed|
|Occupation||essayist, poet, scholar, writer|
|Alma mater||University of California, Los Angeles|
Jimale holds a Ph.D. from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). A former chair of Comparative Literature at Queens College, he teaches courses in African, Middle Eastern, and European literature. His poetry and short stories have also been translated into several languages, including Japanese and the languages spoken in the former Yugoslavia. His books include The Invention of Somalia (Red Sea Press, 1995), Daybreak Is Near: Literature, Clans, and the Nation-State in Somalia (Red Sea Press, 1996), and Fear Is a Cow (Red Sea Press, 2002).
Jimale currently teaches Comparative Literature at Queens College and the Graduate Center of the City University of New York.
- The Invention of Somalia, (The Red Sea Press: 1995), ISBN 9780932415998, OCLC 31376757
- Daybreak is Near: Literature, Clans, and the Nation-state in Somalia, (Red Sea Press: 1997), ISBN 9781569020234, OCLC 34633323
- Fear is a Cow, (The Red Sea Press: 2002), ISBN 9781569021590, OCLC 48263696
- Diaspora Blues, (The Red Sea Press: 2005), ISBN 1569022399
- The Road Less Traveled: Reflections On The Literatures Of The Horn Of Africa , (The Red Sea Press: 2008), ISBN 1569022070